The Alang Madan Kulang Trek is known as one of the most difficult treks in the region of Maharashtra. Embark on this three-day and two nights trek and traverse through the 3 forts, Alang fort, Madan fort, and Kulang fort that are situated in the highest mountain range of Maharashtra. Be ready to unwind yourself with spellbinding views of the lush green valleys, forts, temples, and caves. An experienced professional guide will conduct this trek and the Alang Madan Kulang trekking package also includes top-notch quality safety equipment. Get the surreal experience of nature with a stay in camps-fledged near caves with inclusions of breakfast on all 3 days and dinner, lunch, and evening tea on 2 days.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Pune to Pune by private bus
- Late-night snacks
- Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner on Day 1(Basic Indian meals since we prepare food in the jungle with minimal availability)
- Breakfast and Lunch on Day 2(Basic Indian meals since we prepare food in the jungle with minimal availability)
- Evening tea on Day 2
- Mid trek refreshments
- Climbing and safety equipment
- Team Captain
- Stay for one night on Madan fort
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- Transaction charges depending upon the mode of payment will be charged by Razorpay
- Trek through the steep ridges, do rappelling and rock climbing to traverse through ascending rocks.
- Explore the nature trails and witness the remains of the fort in the form of water cisterns, caves, and other structures.
- Indulge in the real experience of rock climbing by crossing through steep steps and enjoying the panoramic mountains views in the backdrop.
- Reach at the top of the fort and marvel at the spellbinding views of the Alang, Madan, and Kulang mountain range.
- Settle your wanderlust with the unique experience of staying in caves.
- Feast on the delicious meals prepared at the campsite and ease out your hunger.
Day 1:Departure from Pune
- 7.00pm:Pickup from BMCC College FC road
- 7.30 pm: Pickup from Xion Mall Hinjewadi
Day 2:Arrival in Samrad | Trek to Alang | Overnight at Madan
- Reach the base village by 3.00 am
- Rest in tents for sometime
- 5.30 am: Briefing round followed by a warm-up walk before the start of the trek
- Have your breakfast
- Start the trek to Alang fort
- 10.30 am: Reach the top of Alang fort and have lunch
- 11.30 am: By the time you explore the fort our team will be cooking lunch for you
- 12.00 pm: We have our lunch and start the descent and move towards Madan
- 5.30 pm: We complete the rock climbing patch and reach Madan top
- Dinner followed by a stay in the cave of Madangad
Day 3:Madan to Kulang | Departure to Pune
- 05:00 am Wake up call, freshen up and recharge with the Garma-Garma breakfast.
- 06:30 am Get ready for the descent and move towards the Kulang
- 11:00 am Reach Kulang, Have Lunch, and Explore Fort
- 02:30 pm Start Descending down
- 05:00 pm Reach Base Village
- 6.00 pm:Freshen up and departure to Pune
12.00am: Reach Pune by night(Kindly keep a buffer since it is a range trek the arrival time depends on many external conditions)
- Catch Kasara slow local
- CSMT-Kasara local timings
- 10:50PM: CSMT
- 11.04PM: Dadar
- 11:31PM: Thane
- 12:03AM: Kalyan
- 01:18AM: Kasara
- 01:30AM: Meet at Kasara railway station and move toward base village by local jeep.
- 04:30AM:Reach at base village and take a rest for a while.
- 05:00AM:Equipment distribution and Introduction session
- 06:00AM: Start the trek towards the Alang Fort post breakfast
- 09:00AM:Reach at Climbing point of the Alang Fort. Start Climbing with the guidance of Technical Team
- 11:00AM:Reach top of Alang fort & Explore the Fort, witness the sceinic views (Timings may vary)
- 02:00PM:Rappelling down from Alang Fort Have some on the way food carried by you
- 03:00PM:start trek toward Madan Fort
- 04:00PM:Reach climbing patch of the Madan Fort and start Climbing with the help of Expert team
- 06:00PM(approx):Reach the Top and end of the 1st day. Have beautiful Dinner Stay in Tents/cave on sharing basis
- 05:00 AM wakeup call, Freshen up & witness the beautiful Sunrise
- 5:30 AM Have breakfast
- 06:00 AM start descending from Madan Fort Rappelling activity while descending
- 7:30 AM Trek toward kulang fort
- 09:30 AM Reach kulang fort base
- 10:30 AM Top of the fort. Explore the fort
- 12:30 PM start descending the fort
- 03:00 PM Reach Base village
- 03:20PM:Have lunch at the base village
- 04:30 PM: move towards Kasara station by local jeep.
- 06:00 PM : Reach Kasara Station
- 06:18 PM: Catch Kasara Mumbai Train
What is the best time to go for the Alang Madan Kulang Trek?
The months just after the monsoons, i.e., August to October is considered to be the best time to enjoy the experience of Alang Madan Kulang Trek. This is the time when you will find refreshing climatic conditions, therefore making the whole experience even more delightful. In addition to this, the recent monsoons usually result in greener surroundings, therefore you will be offered proper backdrops for your memorable pictures.
What is the difficulty level of Alang Madan Kulang Trek?
Alang Madan Kulang Trek is somehow considered to be the toughest trek and will test your endurance level at each phase of the trek. You will have to walk up to three forts including Alang, Madan, and Kulang where you will face challenges like rock climbing & rappelling through rock patches, and living in caves away from civilization.
This will be an immense adrenaline rush but an unforgettable experience as the route of the trek is covered under a thick forest with a distance of 24 km and an elevation of 4852 feet.
How long is the Alang Madan Kulang Trek?
The Alang Madan Kulang is a long Trek of 3 days and 2 nights which gives you an adrenaline rush experience. Each day, 8 hours of the walk is required to complete the trek which is a perfect mixture of rappelling, climbing, jungle walk. One has to cover the three forts with a towering height of more than 4500 ft.
Is Alang Madan Kulang Trek safe?
Yes, the trek to Alang Madan Kulang is safe as you will get an expert guide who will give your instruction throughout the trip along with setup ropes and harness. The guide will also help those who struggle to pull up in some places.
Trek leader will give you instructions for rappelling which will be fun. You just need a decent fitness level and should wear full-sleeved shirts, full-length trousers or track pants, and comfortable trekking shoes.
This trek might be a bit arduous for beginners so significant preparation is needed. Apart from this, you will get personalized attention and every region is mapped with an emergency evacuation plan along with certified equipment. So, get ready for the most thrilling & exciting trekking in Rugged Sahyadri Mountains!!
- 2/3 liters of water(Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Sleeping material (Sleeping mat(we will provide at the base) and Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets and blanket or shawl)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate, and a Swiss-knife
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm clothes (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of clothes, napkin
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- If found participant will be terminated on spot.
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Playing loud music in the mountains is prohibited.
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.