Visit India's most welcoming white salt desert Rann, which was once a shallow part of the Arabian Sea until a geological shift cut it off from the sea. It's a paradise during the ‘Rann Utsav’ when the white canvas gets painted into different hues and shades. It provides visitors with a memorable experience through rustic village life, Kutch cuisine, breathtaking crafts, and live folk dance and music.
Dholavira, the southern center of the Harappan Civilization, is located on the arid island of Khadir in the Indian state of Gujarat. Dholavira of Kutch has been added to the list of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO for 2021, giving Gujarat the opportunity to shine once more on the World Heritage Map. During archaeological excavations at the site, bead processing workshops and artifacts of various types such as copper, shell, stone, semi-precious stone jewelry, terracotta, gold, ivory, and other materials were discovered, demonstrating the culture's artistic and technological achievements. There is also evidence of inter-regional trade with other Harappan cities, as well as cities in Mesopotamia and the Oman peninsula.
So pack your bags and get ready to enjoy the vibrant 'Rann Utsav' trip!
(Ex- Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad)-2023/2024
Click on Book Now to know more
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Mumbai or Pune to Ahmedabad
- Travel from Ahmedabad to Ahmedabad in an AC pushback bus.
- Homestay/Hotel in Dholavira and Rann on a quad-sharing basis
- Guided Tour
- 7 meals (3 meals on day 1- Dholavira, 3 meals on day 2 - Rann, 1 breakfast - Bhuj)
- Sightseeing and entry charges
- Travel in a private vehicle throughout the trip.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses
- Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusions
- Camera charges if required
- Lunch and dinner in Mandvi on the last day
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- 0.99% convenience charge will be applied on UPI transactions and card payments will need a convinience charge of 2.3% which will be applied once you select the razorpay payment method at end of your booking process.
- Since the sunrise is underneath, the Bhanjano hills appear even more stunning
- Get a Jurassic Park vibe in Kutch by visiting the Wood Fossil Park, which has fossils of 16 million-year-old tree trunks.
- Testify the creative mastery and skills of the craftspeople and artisans at Rann Utsav
- From tie-dye and block printing to wearing and embroidery, the Rann Market has unique souvenirs for all collectors and shopaholics.
- Find a road to heaven from Dhordo to Rann
- Encounter adventures like camel rides, paramotoring, etc.
- Day 1 (Mumbai/Pune to Ahmedabad)
- Board early morning train to Mumbai from Pune (only if Pune to Ahmedabad train is not available else we take a direct train to Ahmedabad)
- Board a train from Mumbai to Ahmedabad by noon.
- Board our private vehicle to Dholavira from Ahmedabad(overnight journey)
- Day 2:Ahmedabad-Dholavira
- Reach Dholavira(UNESCO) site early morning watch sunrise on the way.
- Later check-in into our Kutchi homestay and explore Dholavira
- Visit Chipper point followed by the Archeological Museum
- Enjoy the magical sunset from Dholavira sunset point
- Dinner followed by music and bonfire(if available)
- Day 3:Dholavira Raan Utsav
- Early morning travel to Dhordo village a place in the hamlet of Raan.
- Evening witnesses the magical sunset from the White Desert and enjoy the stalls at Raan Utsav.
- You can also go for a camel ride later evening
- Dinner followed by music and a bonfire overnight at Raan
- Day 4:Rann - Mandvi - Ahmedabad
- Wake up early morning and leave
- Later visit Vijay Vilas Palace and reach Mandvi beach for magical sunset
- Post sunset Departure to Ahemedabad
- Day 5:Back to Ahmedabad-Mumbai
- Reach Ahmedabad early morning and take the train to Pune/Mumbai.
- Reach Pune/Mumbai by night
- Is it safe for solo female travelers?
Yes, solo female travelers are completely safe with our professionally-trained trip leaders who will do everything in their power to put you at ease. You are unlikely to be the only female traveler on this trip. As we get a high number of female bookings for this trip.
How will you split the stay?
Three or four people will share the stays. No requests will be entertained, and the sharing will be strictly gender-based.
- Can I get a couple-room?
Yes, you can; however, there will be additional fees which are mentioned in the add-on section. You must notify us of this before booking.
- Is it possible to eat non-vegetarian food in Rann or Dholavira?
Gujarat is predominantly a vegetarian state. Even the meals we serve are nutritious vegetarian options. However, some communities prepare meat and seafood dishes.
- Is the given time span sufficient for this trip?
Yes, we prepare our itineraries in a way that you get to explore each and everything at a comfortable pace.
- Can I alter/customize the itinerary?
We are open to suggestions, but will first asses your alterations/ ideas and then our team will decide if its suitable for the team or not.
- A rucksack or bag of a minimum of 40 liters
- A day pack around
- Water bottle 1-2 liters
- Backpack rain cover (just for safety in case of occasional rain)
- Cotton clothing for entire travel (shirts / T-shirts/tops etc.)
- Short & long pants (Cargo pants)
- Power bank (minimum 10,000mah)
- Personal things like toothpaste, toothbrushes, soaps, towels, hand sanitizers, Bodysprays, mosquito repellent creams, etc.
- Slippers or flip-flops
- Blanket/ Comforter (for comfortable journey)
- First aid kit
- Medicines if required
- Smoking and drinking publicly are strictly prohibited.
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.
- Rooms will be allotted as per male and female ratio by team captains, no requests will be entertained.
- Pick-up and drop will be at the same location ( however you are free to get down on the route while the return journey.)
- Team captains' decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Trek Panda as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riots, political unrest, natural or other disasters, nuclear incident, or terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
Pune to Pune
Sleeper ₹ 10,999/- Onwards
3AC ₹ 12,999/- onwards
Mumbai to Mumbai
AC CC+AC CC ₹ 10,800/- onwards
3AC TRAIN ₹ 11,999 /- onwards
Sleeper ₹ 9,999/- onwards
One way CC+3AC ₹ 11,499/- onwards
Ahmedabad to Ahmedabad
₹ 8,999/- Onwards
Samaykhyali to Bhuj
₹ 7,999/- Onwards
Note: Price may vary depending on the add-ons, long weekends, and peak season.
- Departure from Pune
- Adi Hamsafar EXP or similar
- Arrival To Pune
- Adi Hamsafar EXP or similar
- Departure from Mumbai
- CC-Double decker
- Sleeper/ 3AC-Saurashtra EXP
- Arrival to Mumbai
- CC- SF GUJARAT
- Sleeper/ 3AC-Saurashtra EXP
Required forms will be mailed to you, post booking via email@example.com
- Kindly note that Trekpanda makes its tickets from IRCTC-certified agents
- We use intelligent AI-based tools like Confirmticket to predict the confirmation probability of your ticket
- Tickets are made based on the maximum confirmation probability and solely depend on the remaining days for your departure
- However, it is essential to note that the tool does not guarantee a 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets every time and Trekpanda does not hold any control to confirm tickets every time.
- There might always be a chance that you get a RAC(half-seat) ticket instead of a confirmed seat and Trekpanda is not responsible for not providing confirmed tickets since IRCTC is a govt body and we do not hold any control over that.
- It is always the best thing to book your trip in advance at least 20 days prior to improve your possibility of getting a full seat on the train
- The seat availability of trains depends from season to season and since few routes have specific one or two trains running on the route it might get difficult to get a confirmed seat during peak festive and tourist seasons
- Also kindly note that our agents will get in touch with you to provide alternate options for trains where you can hold a chance of a confirmed ticket which may have some monetary difference in the ticket amount which if you confirm to upgrade shall be liable to pay.
- Also, there might arise a chance that our predictability tool may fail and you may get a RAC seat once the chart is prepared. Kindly note that Trekpanda won't be responsible for providing full seats in such a situation nor refunding any amount since it is a govt transport and not private.
- Premium trains like Rajdhani and Duranto have a fare of 50% on the higher side than regular trains however they provide the highest confirmation probability and you can always opt for the same.
- In case you want to cancel your train tickets in the middle of a trip to opt for flight options you need to update us 36 hours prior to providing hassle-free cancellation last minute cancellations are not practically possible every time as our agents work in fixed time slots and there are various other factors associated to it.