Bhrigu Lake is a high-altitude glacial lake, perched at a height of 14,100 ft, thus catering to a perfect place for some mind-blowing adventure and thrills. Bhrigu Lake Trek in Manali is one of the most captivating short treks in the Himalayas and it greets you to witness high altitude alpine lake, the verdant meadows, and everything that your heart has yearned for.
The mesmerizing lake has its own majestic beauty as it changes its colours with each passing season. In late summer, it changes its color to emerald green and in summers it turns its beauty to blue which is a fascinating sight for the eyes to behold.
This 4-day Bhrigu Lake trek takes you through unparalleled breathtaking views of Seven Sister Peaks, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Hanuman Tibba, and the outstretched Pir Panjal ranges which will soothe your senses and make you content with unbounded natural beauty
Every Friday Departure from Pune and Mumbai with Friday Arrival(May-Sept)
- Delhi to Delhi
Every Sat Departure from Delhi with Thursday Arrival(May-Sept)
What is included in the tour
- Meals: 2 Breakfast and One Dinner in Manali
- Breakfast Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation in Camps on triple and quad sharing basis from Manali to Manali
- Support staff and cooking team with Mountaineering certified expedition leader
- Team Captain throughout the trip
- AC Volvo transfer from Delhi to Manali and back
- 3AC Trains from Pune, Mumbai, and Nagpur to Delhi and back
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during travel is not included
- Delhi accommodation can be added at an additional cost
- Any evacuation charge or expenses arising out of any medical emergency or natural calamity is not included
- Any kind of luggage carrying charges on the trek are not included in the package
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions section is not included
- Bhrigu LakeTrek Distance: 26 km
- Bhrigu LakeTrek Height:14,100 ft
- Trekking Gradient: Steep ascent throughout the trail
- Bhrigu Lake Trek Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
- Start Point/End Point of Trip: Old Manali
- Start Time/End Time: The trek starts at 10:00 AM (Day 1) and ends around 2:00 PM (Day 4).
Day 1:Departure from Pune/Mumbai/Nagpur to Delhi
- Take your train from your respective city to Delhi
Day 2:Delhi Arrival | Delhi to Manali
- Arrive in Delhi in the morning later you can self explore Delhi or do a hotel check-in(opt from add on the section while booking)
- Board your Volvo from Majnu ka Tilla or RK Ashram to Manali
- The overnight journey towards Manali
Day 3:Manali Acclimatization | Sightseeing Day
- Reach Manali by morning and check-in into your camps in Manali
- Later freshen up and you get a leisure time for some self-exploration
- The group will head to Hidimba temple, Manalsu Temple
- Later evening you can do cafe hopping and stroll Manali market
Day 4:Manali to Moridugh | (2900mts) (3/4 Hours)
- We will pick you up from Manali Bus Stop in the morning and drive to Old Manali. After Breakfast and Freshen-up, we will drive to Kulang where you will meet your guide and start the Trek.
- Overnight in camps at Moridugh
Day 5: Trek to Bhrigu Lake | (4200 m, 5-6 hours trek)
- Today we will start in the early morning after having a healthy breakfast. You will trek through dense forest and mesmerizing view of Dhauladhar range, Hanuman Tibba and Friendship peak
- Later descend down to Moridugh and overnight at camps
Day 6: Moridugh to Manali
- After breakfast descends from Moridugh to Kulang village from where a car will receive you and will drop you at old Manali, with lots of beautiful memories of the trek.
- Later take an overnight Volvo to Delhi
Day 7:Arrival in Delhi | Delhi to Pune/Mumbai
- Arrive in Delhi by morning and board your train to Pune/Mumbai
Day 8:Arrival in Pune/Mumbai
- Arrive in Pune/Mumbai as per your train schedule
What is the best time to go to Bhrigu Lake Trek?
The months between June to Sept are considered to be the best times when one can enjoy the Bhrigu Trek at its fullest. Around this time, the snow is comparatively less, therefore making the terrain even easier for the tourists. Also, if you are interested in snowfall then consider going on this trek around the month of May.
What is the Bhrigu Lake trek height?
The height of Bhrigu Lake is 14,100 ft. (4300 meters). It is seated in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh in India. The nearest village from which Bhrigu Lake trekking starts is Gulaba village which is located 6 kilometers away from it. Gulaba village is located east of the Manali-Rohtang pass which can be reached easily via cab or bus.
What will be the Bhrigu Lake temperature?
Trek April to May when it's quite comfortable (temperature ranges between 6 - 18°C) and the flowers like rhododendrons, orchid, primula are in full bloom. In May, however, there are chances of occasional showers and the sky remaining cloudy at times.
The second season is between October to November when the Bhrigu lake temperature ranges between 1 - 6°C, visibility is excellent and there may be occasional snowfall.
What are the inclusions of the Bhrigu Lake trek package?
Your Bhrigu Lake trek package includes meals, transport, activities, a professional guide, and accommodation services. At the camping site, you will be provided with a sleeping bag, sleeping mat, a permit to transmit through the forest, and support staff to make your trek easier for you.
Where is Bhrigu lake situated?
Bhrigu lake is situated in the Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh, and is located at an elevation of 4,300 m (14,100 ft) above sea level. The trek starts from Gulaba village which is approximately 24 km away from Manali.
What is the Bhrigu Lake Trek Distance?
The total trekking distance is 26 kilometers up and down. From Manali, you will be taken to Rumsu Base Camp and then the trek starts. On average, you will need to trek around 5 hours every day throughout the trek.
Is Bhrigu Lake Trek difficult?
Yes, the Bhrigu Lake Trek is a moderately difficult trek and requires you to have an above-average level of fitness. Since you will be covering an array of 26 KM while traversing the rocky terrain, the route can become difficult for many.
How is Bhrigu Lake trek weather?
The temperature of this place during summers hovers around 20-25C in the daytime and falls to 5-7C at night. In winter the temperature gets lower with 10-15C around daytime and nearly 0 to -7C at night.
For almost half a year the lake remains frozen, and travelers can enjoy the sight of snow even during the early summertime.
What kind of shoes I should have?
You should carry high-ankle trekking shoes. Different shoes are suitable for different kinds of treks, depending on the weather, trail condition as well as duration of the trek. For this particular trek, shoes with thick souls are recommended.
What level of fitness is expected from me on this Bhrigu Lake Trekking?
Falling in the list of easy to moderately difficult, the Bhrigu Trek is considered to expect an average level of fitness from you. If you start a month early and continue your daily workout then you will easily cover most of the route.
Is Bhrigu Lake trek good for solo travelers?
Yes, the Bhrigu Lake trek is a perfect pick for all solo travelers. On a trek of the moderate level, you start from an altitude of 8530 ft. of Gulaba to gain the topmost campsite of this trekker’s paradise i.e., 14,100 ft. The presence of the rich oak and cedar forest lining, enthralling carpeted alpine cover, gushing streams, fascinating lush green meadows, and meandering trails will keep you delighted throughout your trek.
Is it a good trek for first-timer?
If you are physically fit and know the basics of trekking, it will be a good trek. The Bhrigu trek package requires you to cover a distance of around 26 KM via passing through some of the most thrilling terrains, therefore if you are a first-timer, you can only opt for it if you have proper levels of fitness.
How long is Bhrigu Lake Trek?
The trek to Bhrigu Lake includes a distance of around 26 kilometers to be covered up.
On the first and second days, a distance of 5-6 kilometers is covered that stretched up to 10 kilometers on the next consecutive day.
Can we do the Bhrigu lake trek in December?
No, the month of December experiences heavy snowfall making it difficult for people to complete the trek safely. Therefore you should not be taking up this trek during this month.
- Photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-on, if required for the campsite
- 2 Water Bottles (1 liter each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry a Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 2-3 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full-sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Camera or Binoculars
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dry fruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses – Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on a trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume – Please consult your doctor in this regard
- An empty tiffin box and spoon to have your meals since the usage of plastic vessels is not allowed on the trek
Click on the book now button to check the city wise pricing
- Pune:Samp Kranti,Return:Jhelum
- Mumbai:Paschim Express,Return:Gareeb rath