Deoriatal Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is a popular trek in the Garhwal Himalayas that offers stunning views of the Himalayas, valleys, rare Himalayan birds, blossoms, and a serene environment. The trek is accessible almost throughout the year, including the winter months of November, December, and January, offering a variety of experiences.
The duration of the trek is three days, making it perfect for weekend getaways from Delhi. The trek is loved by nature enthusiasts, pro trekkers, photographers, and bird-watching amateurs alike. It never disappoints anyone with its beauty and experiences.
The highlights of the Deoriatal Tungnath Chandrashila trek include magnificent views of Mt. Chaukhamba from Chandrashila peak and Deoriatal, Tungnath temple - the world's highest Lord Shiva temple, and the scenic Deoriatal Lake.
The trek starts from Sari, a small village located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand at an altitude of 6,601 feet, and ends at Chopta, a tiny settlement that serves as the gateway to Tungnath temple and Chandrashila peak, which stands at 3,998 meters.
The trekking distance is approximately 14 kilometers, and the total trekking time is about 18 hours spread over three days. The trek passes through dense forests of oak, rhododendron, and deodar trees, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding snow-capped peaks, including Kedar Dome, Chaukhamba, and Nanda Devi.
The trek's difficulty level is easy, making it suitable for novice trekkers as well as experienced ones.
Click on book now button to check batch dates from Delhi.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation: Tempo Traveler/SUV for Delhi to Delhi transportation.
- Accommodation: 2 Night accommodation in Swiss Camps in Chopta.
- Meals: 6 Meals (From Day 1 Lunch to Day 3 Breakfast.)
- The trip Captain will be present at all times during the tour.
- Local Guide
- First Aid Kits
- All required Permits
- Driver Allowance
- Toll Taxes and other state taxes
- Parking Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST.
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
- A minimal 0.99% convenience charge will be applied on UPI transactions and card payments will need a convinience charge of 2.3% which will be applied once you select the razorpay payment method at end of your booking process.
- Day 1:Delhi to Chopta via Rishikesh
- The group will assemble at the pick-up point at 9 PM.
- After a brief introduction session given by the Trip captain, we will head towards Chopta.
- En route, we'll be traversing the confluence of the Ganga river with breathtaking views of Devprayag, and Rudraprayag.
Note: The pickup point would be Akshardham Metro Station.
Day 2 : Chopta Arrival | Leisure day
- Upon arrival, we will check into our campsites at Chopta and unwind in the lap of nature.
- The rest of the day is at leisure but we will be indulging in some exciting group bonding activities.
- In the evening, we will have dinner followed by an overnight stay in the camps.
Day 3 : Trek to Tungnath Chandrashila (4 Kilometers, 4 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we'll start our trek from Chopta to Chandrashila summit.
- En route, we'd be traversing through Tungnath which is situated at an elevation of 12,106 ft and is the Highest Shiva Temple in the World. En route, we'll have packed lunch.
- At an altitude of 12, 110 ft, the Chandrashila top offers majestic views of Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch, and Chaukhamba peaks. After spending some time at the top, marveling at the beauty of the Himalayas, we will head back to Chopta.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay in Chopta.
- Day 4: Visit Deoria Tal | Departure
- After early morning breakfast, we'll check out of our campsites and drive towards Sari Village.
- Upon our arrival, we'll start a trek to Deoria Tal which is a pristine lake popular for offering beautiful reflections of the Chaukhamba peaks on its glass-like surface.
- Afterward, we'll board an overnight Tempo Traveler/SUV and start our return journey to Delhi.
- Day 5 : Delhi Arrival | Trip Ends
- We will arrive in Delhi by early morning.
- The group will part ways with fond memories.
- End of Tour.
Click on book now button to check prices from Delhi