Kedarkantha Trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to experience the beauty of the Uttarakhand Himalayas.
Kedarkantha trek is in Uttrakhand, starting from Sour-Sankri village. Sankri is home to hiker's second, as it's taken over by national park officials. The charms of this place are undeniable and it has something for everyone.
Familiarizing oneself with the Kedarkantha trek means seeing a beautiful sight of the Himalayas. I’ll tell you about the special thing about this trek. Kedarkantha is a triangle-shaped mountain, which makes it more beautiful - so many locals worship here on July 15 every year. In addition, Shiva and Ganesha are worshiped here who are spoken in their local language by Meru Bagwa, that's what makes trekkers summit it once in a lifetime!
- Pune/Mumbai/Nagpur/Bhopal/Ahmedabad(9 days)
- Batch 1:7th Oct-16th Oct
- Batch 2:14th-23rd Oct
- Batch 3:21st-30th Oct
- Batch 4:28th Oct-6th Nov
- Batch 5:4th Nov-13th Nov
- Batch 6:11th Nov-20th Nov
- Batch 7:18th Nov-27th Nov
- Batch 8:25th Nov-4th Dec
- Batch 9:2nd-11th Dec
- Batch 10:9th-18th Dec
- Batch 11:16th-25th Dec
- Batch 12:23rd Dec-1st Jan
- Batch 13:24th Dec-2nd Jan
- Batch 14:25th Dec-3rd Jan
- Batch 15:26th Dec-4th Jan
- Batch 16:27th Dec-5th Jan
- Batch 17:28th Dec-6th Jan
- Batch 18:29th Dec-7th Jan
- Batch 19:30th Dec-8th Jan
- Batch 20:6th Jan-15th Jan
- Batch 21:13th Jan-22nd Jan
- Batch 22:20th Jan-29th Jan
- Batch 23:27th Jan-5th Feb
- Delhi to Delhi (7 days)
- Batch 1:8th Oct-15th Oct
- Batch 2:15th-22nd Oct
- Batch 3:22nd-29th Oct
- Batch 4:29th Oct-5th Nov
- Batch 5:5th Nov-12th Nov
- Batch 6:12th Nov-19th Nov
- Batch 7:19th Nov-26th Nov
- Batch 8:26th Nov-3rd Dec
- Batch 9:3rd-10th Dec
- Batch 10:10th-17th Dec
- Batch 11:17th-24th Dec
- Batch 12:24th Dec-31st Jan
- Batch 13:25th Dec-1st Jan
- Batch 14:26th Dec-2nd Jan
- Batch 15:27th Dec-3rd Jan
- Batch 16:28th Dec-4th Jan
- Batch 17:29th Dec-5th Jan
- Batch 18:30th Dec-6th Jan
- Batch 19:31st Dec-7th Jan
- Batch 20:7th Jan-14th Jan
- Batch 21:14th Jan-21st Jan
- Batch 22:21st Jan-28th Jan
- Batch 23:28th Jan-4th Feb
- Dehradun to Dehradun(5 days)
- Batch 1:9th Oct-14th Oct
- Batch 2:16th-21st Oct
- Batch 3:21st-28th Oct
- Batch 4:30th Oct-4th Nov
- Batch 5:6th Nov-11th Nov
- Batch 6:13th Nov-18th Nov
- Batch 7:20th Nov-25th Nov
- Batch 8:27th Nov-2nd Dec
- Batch 9:4th-9th Dec
- Batch 10:11th-16th Dec
- Batch 11:18th-23rd Dec
- Batch 12:25th Dec-30th Jan
- Batch 13:26th Dec-31st Jan
- Batch 14:27th Dec-1st Jan
- Batch 15:28th Dec-2nd Jan
- Batch 16:29th Dec-3rd Jan
- Batch 17:30th Dec-4th Jan
- Batch 18:31st Dec-5th Jan
- Batch 19:1 Jan-6th Jan
- Batch 20:8th Jan-13th Jan
- Batch 21:15th Jan-20th Jan
- Batch 22:22nd Jan-27th Jan
- Batch 23:29th Jan-3rd Feb
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Pune/Mumbai/Nagpur/Ahmedabad/Surat in Sleeper/3AC trains
- Travel from Delhi to Dehradun via train
- Accomodation in Dehradhun on 3/4 sharing basis(or ex-Delhi,ex-Pune,ex-Mumbai,etc package)
- Accommodation on 3/4 sharing in Dehradun for buffer day(check out 11.00 am)
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and back
- Dinner in Dehradun and next day breakfast en route sankri
- All meals during the trek from Sankri to Sankri
- Tents on a 3/4 sharing basis during the trek
- Crampons and getters
- Wooden Hiking sticks
- High-Quality Camping Tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Experienced Ground team
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during train travel
- Food during buffer day
- Anything not mentioned above
- Stay in Dehradun for EX-Dehradhun people on arrival(can be added using add on section while booking)
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- Transaction charges depending upon the mode of payment will be charged by Razorpay(Use NEFT option to pay and save gateway charges)
- Sankri -Altitude – (1920 Meters)
- Juda Ka Talab- Altitude (2700 Meters)
- Kedarkantha base camp- Altitude (3200 Meters)
- Kedarkantha summit- Altitude (3800 Meters)
- Hargadon thach- Altitude (2645 Meters)
Pune/Bhopal: Board Samparkranti / Goa express
Mumbai/Ahmedabad/Surat: Board Mangladeep express/ Garibrath
Nagpur:Board Rajdhani Express from Nagpur
Arrival to Delhi
Explore the city and arrival at Dehradun at night.
Dehradhun to Sankri by taxi
After half an hour, stop at kempty falls. Have breakfast there and witness people from different parts of the world. The break will be of maximum 1 hour. Ahead the peaks are visible and further you will come close to the holy Yamuna River. If you want, then take a short break of 20 minutes and enjoy being around it.
Reach Mori and after 1 hour you will come across a check post. They will ask for Aadhar cards and some other details. Ahead lies Sankri, enjoy the drive and the wait is soon going to be over. Reach trekkers paradise and the main market of Sankri.
Go to the hotel, freshen up and enjoy evening snacks on the open terrace with great views. You will be provided some details after which you can go for an evening walk but be at the hotel for dinner.
Enjoy a delicious dinner and spend a comfortable night in the mountains.
Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab
- Trek Distance 5 Km – 4/5 Hours Trek
- Mode of the journey – on foot
- Altitude – Juda ka talab – 2700 Meters
- Night Stay – Camp in tents – on a triple/quad share basis
Today, the heartwarming morning is eagerly waiting for you to wake up. Feel the peace amid the mountains; no connectivity and no materialistic thing is here to disturb you, the only thing is peace. Relish the hot cup of coffee/tea at 6:00 am and get ready for your breakfast at 7:30 am. You have to strictly leave at 8:30 am after the instructions of your guide trek start from Sankri to Juda ka Talab which is 5 km away. After a little walk from the main market witness Swargarohini peaks (I, II, III) which will mesmerize you. After 20 minutes of the hike the beautiful Saur village will come into sight, all the houses there are made of wood. Here are homestays that serve delicious organic local food. As you move further, the forests turn more beautiful. Spot some Himalayan birds and don’t miss the sight of cascading waterfalls. The meadows and these forests are enough to attract anybody. Some names of the local places are – Goteka, Boiroka ligudiya, Posla, Jainola, Kuwamohli, and then Juda Ka Talab. Juda Ka Talab is today’s destination which is a favorite of many trekkers. This lake is present in a forest clearing. It is 100 meters long and the width is 36 m. The water is clear and reflects the surroundings. Camp amid pine trees and enjoy the night there. Have evening tea/coffee, snacks, soup and explore the area. Dinner will be served after which you can rest for the night.
Trek from Juda Ka talab to Kedarkantha base
- Trek Distance 3.5 Km – 2/3 Hours Trek
- Mode of the journey – on foot
- Altitude – Kedarkantha basecamp – 3200 Meters
- Night Stay – Camp intent- on triple/quad share base
Wake up and peep out of your tents to see if there is snow or the sun is shining. It is important to tell you that one day there is greenery everywhere and the other day it turns all white because of snow. This is reality, and this scenery is heartwarming! Like other days enjoy tea/ coffee, have breakfast at 7:30 am, and leave at 8:30 – 9:00 am. Today, you will be heading towards the Kedarkantha base from where the Kedarkantha peak is visible. The distance from Juda ka Talab to Kedarkantha base is 3.5 km which can be easily reached in 2 to 3 hours. Today’s trek is short and comfortable. Start the trek, cross an ascent, move through the dense forest, and suddenly an open meadow will welcome you. Halt there and enjoy great views of the Himalayas. Move further through the pine forest and reach your campsite from where the Kedarkantha peak shines tall and relish the great views! Afterward, enjoy hot lunch. Note: – if you are trekking in the winter season then briefing is the most important part and the gaiters and crampons will be provided. So, you have to be ready at 4:30 am wearing them.
Trek from Kedarkantha base camp to Kedarkantha Summit (3800 Meters) and descent to Hargaon Thach
- Trek Distance 9 Km – 6/7 Hours Trek
- Mode of the journey – on foot
- Altitude – Hargaon thach – 2645 Meters
- Night Stay – Camp intent- on a triple/quad share basis
Trek from Hargaon thach to Sankri and return to Dehradun
- Trek Distance 5.5 Km – 4/5 Hours Trek
- Mode of the journey – on foot
Today morning enjoy breakfast at your last camp of this trek. Start trekking and while descending from Hargaon to Sankri you will come across many viewpoints and ahead reach the apple orchards. After it reaches base camp Sankri and today freshen up and leave for Dehradun
- Since the treks in the Himalayan region come with their ups and downs we always keep a buffer day in hand to make sure the trek goes smooth.
Reach Delhi early morning by overnight train.
Reach your respective city with loads of memory.
Pune/Bhopal: Take Goa Express at 2.30 pm from Delhi
Mumbai/Surat/Ahmedabad: Take Hw-Bandra Spl at 6:55 pm from Delhi
Nagpur: Take any train after 10.00am
Basic Fitness Routine before the trek
- Kindly make sure you are physically fit and have no medical conditions in which case it would be preferable to take medical advice from your doctor before joining the trek.
- Kedarkantha is considered as a beginner grade trek in the Uttrakhand region however a basic physical routine of running or jogging is to be followed at least a week before the trek alternatively you can also take up any moderate Sahyadri trek to bring your body in the zone of trekking before the Kedarkantha trek
- In case you have any underlying conditions such as Asthama or Blood pressure problem or any muscle injury kindly consult us and your doctor before booking this trek
Train tickets: In case train tickets are not available from Pune we will travel via Mumbai.The fares for Rajdhani trains are high since it is premium train and only available last-minute train so the cost of trek will vary accordingly
- Photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-on, if required for the campsite
- 2 Water Bottles (1 liter each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry a Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 2-3 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full-sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Camera or Binoculars
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dry fruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses – Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on a trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume – Please consult your doctor in this regard
- An empty tiffin box and spoon to have your meals since the usage of plastic vessels is not allowed on the trek
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Playing loud music in the mountains is prohibited.
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.
- Tents will be allotted as per male and female ratio by team captains, no requests will be entertained.
- Pick up and drop will be at the same location ( however you are free to get down on the route while return journey.)
- Team captains' decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Trek Panda as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account, if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, natural or other disaster, nuclear incident, terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
- Pune/Mumbai/Bhopal/Ahmedabad/Surat(Regular train)
- 3AC Regular Train-16999/-
- 3AC Rajdhani train-18999/
- Sleeper Train-13999/-
- Delhi to Delhi-12500/-
- Dehradhun to Dehradhun-9499/-
Mumbai/Ahmedabad-Yuva Express/Gareeb Rath/Rajdhani
Every trekker must carry both the signed copies with them and submit it to the trek leaders before the start of every trek!
You can access the forms using the link:https://bit.ly/MedicalDisclamer
- Kindly note that trekpanda makes its tickets from irctc certified agents
- We use intelligent AI-based tools like Confirmticket to predict the confirmation probability of your ticket
- Tickets are made based on the maximum confirmation probability and solely depend on the remaining days for your departure
- However, it is essential to note that the tool does not guarantee a 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets every time and trekpanda does not hold any control to confirm tickets every time.
- There might always be a chance that you get a RAC(half seat) ticket instead of a confirmed seat and trekpanda is not responsible for not providing confirmed tickets since IRCTC is a govt body and we do not hold any control over that.
- It is always the best thing to book your trip in advance at least 20 days prior to improve your possibility of getting a full seat on the train
- The seat availability of trains depends from the season to season and since few routes have specific one or two trains running on the route it might get difficult to get a confirmed seat during peak festive and tourist seasons
- Also kindly note that our agents will get in touch with you to provide alternate options for trains where you can hold a chance of a confirmed ticket which may have some monetary difference in the ticket amount which if you confirm to upgrade shall be liable to pay.
- Also, there might arise a chance that our predictability tool may fail and you may get a RAC seat once the chart is prepared. Kindly note that trekpanda won't be responsible for providing full seats in such a situation nor refunding any amount since it is a govt transport and not private.
- Premium trains like Rajdhani and Duranto have a fare of 50% on the higher side than regular trains however they provide the highest confirmation probability and you can always opt for the same.
- In case you want to cancel your train tickets in the middle of a trip to opt for flight options you need to update us 36 hours prior to providing hassle-free cancellation last minute cancellations are not practically possible every time as our agents work in fixed time slots and there are various other factors associated to it.