Blossoming bougainvilleas, crumbling cathedrals on leafy boulevards and 18th-century colonial buildings colour the former French colony of Pondy, which sits on the Bay of Bengal. But it's also unmistakably Indian, with colourful festivals throughout the year, several mosques and the Sri Aurobindo Ashram. Quiet beaches stretch north and south from town, good for swimming and sunrise strolls. Pondy is a popular backpacking destination from Chennai and is easy to navigate on foot or by bicycle.
Recommended for Backpackers,solo travelers,couples and anybody between age group of 18-40
- 9th Sept-15th Sept
- 16th Sept-22nd Sept
- 23rd Sept-29th Sept
- 30th Sept-6th Oct
- 7th Oct-13th Oct
- 14th Oct-20th Oct
- 21st Oct-27th Oct
- 28th Oct-3rd Nov
- 4th Nov-10th Nov
- 11th Nov-17th Nov
- 18th Nov-24th Nov
- 25th Nov-1st Dec
- 2nd Dec-8th Dec
- 9th Dec-15th Dec
- 16th Dec-22nd Dec
- 23rd Dec-29th Dec
- 30th Dec-5th Jan
- 10th Sept-14th Sept
- 15th Sept-21nd Sept
- 24rd Sept-28th Sept
- 1st Oct-5th Oct
- 8th Oct-12th Oct
- 15th Oct-19th Oct
- 20th Oct-26th Oct
- 29th Oct-2nd Nov
- 5th Nov-9th Nov
- 12th Nov-16th Nov
- 19th Nov-23th Nov
- 26th Nov-30th Nov
- 3rd Dec-7th Dec
- 10th Dec-14th Dec
- 17th Dec-21st Dec
- 24th Dec-28th Dec
- 31st Dec-4th Jan
What is included in the tour
- Travel in sleeper coach/3AC from Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore to Pondi and from Chennai.
- Travel in 2s train from Pondicherry to Chennai.
- 4 Days and 3 nights stay at hotel in AC rooms(march to May).
- Scooter for 3 days to travel around Pondicherry with petrol.
- Total of 6 meals(Breakfast and Lunch on Day 3,Day4,Day5).
- Entry charges at paradise beach.
- Private vehicle or bikes to chidambaram and pichavaram
- Pichavaram boating charges
- Entry charges at the Auroville entrance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Dinner/Lunch one meal during stay(one meal either lunch or dinner will be included depending upon the schedule for the day).
- Camera charges
- Food during a train journey and first day of arrival in Chennai
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Bike parking charges if applicable
- Entry for globe sightseeing if open
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- Transaction charges depending upon the mode of payment will be charged by Razorpay(Use NEFT option to pay and save gateway charges)
Day 1:Start of Train Journey from Pune/Mumbai
- Pickup from Mumbai:9.00pm board Dr PDY EXP from Dadar or Kalyan
- Pickup from Pune:23.50pm board Dr PDY EXP Spl from Pune Railway Station
Day 2:Scenic Train Journey
- Believe us this is the most magical train journey you have ever done as it passed through the routes of coastal karnataka across the serene beaches also our captains are well equipped to keep you entairtained for a long journey for an amazing experience also don't forget to bring your UNO cards with you!
Day 3: Auro Bindo Ashram,Manakula Temple and Rock Beach
- Reach early morning and check into hotel
- Rest for a while as we start our sightseeing today
- Have stomach full breakfast.
- Start with the very calming 'Aurobindo ashram' Give yourself a soothing start to the trip here. Meditate if you like.
- After Aurobindo ashram we visit the manakula temple followed by lunch
- Next we will head towards the rock beach. Spend your evening at the rock beach, exploring the Gandhi statue, some famous churches and old light house today.
- Walk around the white town at night or go for clubbing.
- Night at stay playing games or just taking rest
Day 4:Chidambaram,Pitchavaram and Paradise beach
- Today we wakeup early morning and leave for Chidambaram breakfast on the way
- Explore the massive Chidambaram temple which is the geometrical center of the earth.
- After exploring Chidambaram we will enjoy boating in the mangrove forest of Pitchavaram.
- Post which we depart back to Pondicherry and have a late lunch.
- Evening we stop by paradise beach for sunset and return back to hotel for rest
Day 5: Auroville sight seeing and Serenity beach
- Today we will start our day with a soothing sunrise by the serenity beach.
- Return to you stay, freshen up, have breakfast and leave for Auroville.
- Visit the very famous Matri mandir today, known as the 'Temple of the mother' a truly beautiful
- architecture which forms the ‘soul’ of the Auroville town. Located
- There are many cafes at Auroville which we can explore today. Including, Café Xtasi, Marc’s café & wonderbar.
- After Auroville sight seeing we will visit serenity beach
- Later evening you can hike the streets of pondy
Day 6:Pondy to Chennai
- 5.35am:We take a train to Chennai from Pondy
- 6.00pm:We take a train to Pune/Mumbai
- You can self explore chennai during the buffer time
Day 7:Chennai to Pune/,Mumbai
- 2.00pm:Reach Pune with loads of memories
- 6.00pm:Reach Mumbai with loads of memories
Note:Train tickets will be in confirmed or RAC(half window seat) as per availability of seats for last minute bookings!
Age group of the trip is 14-46 years due to powerpacked itineraries we provide to our travelers incase your age is above that we can provide a customized itinerary
How much sharing will the stays be?
The stays will happen in homestays on triple sharing basis.
You can procure a two sharing stay at an additional cost of 1500 per person for 3 days
What will the commute be like?
The commute will happen via train from Pune/Mumbai to Pondicherry and train from Chennai to Pune/Mumbai we will roam internally on bikes.
What kind of food will be served?
Healthy and delicious veg meals(thalis) will be served during the trip.
However you can try out the different local cuisines in the cafes around.
What if i am travelling solo?
We are most trusted community for solo female travelers with a footfall of more than 1000 solo female travelers for 2019-20
What Covid Precautions is Trek Panda taking?
All our stays are well sanitized and we advice you to strictly follow the railway covid protocols during travel
A covid test is not mandatory to travel however being fully vaccinated or an RTPCR negative should be done on voluntary basis for safety of other participants
- Clothing : Comfortable clothes like shorts,tshirts and dressesThese are your go-to clothing . Also, it is applicable to people of both the gender.
- Eyewear: Any form of aviators or wayfarers. A must-have , again.
- Sunscreen : Trust me, the sun is unforgiving. And if you really don’t want to end up like a baked potato in the evening, throw one of these in your bag.
- Driving licence : Don’ t forget this as the best mode of transport in Pondi is to rent a bike or scooter and they won’t give you one without a valid DL.
- Common Sense : Don’t leave this bad boy at home. You will need it to ensure that you have a good time.
- Train Essentials: Carry a personal hygiene kit with you to take care of your activities in the train aslo do not forget to carry a shawl to sleep in the train since linen is not provided due to covid
- Medical Essentials :You shall carry your personal medicines if any during the trip the captains will have a basic first aid kit with them
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Playing loud music in the mountains is prohibited.
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.
- Tents will be allotted as per male and female ratio by team captains, no requests will be entertained.
- Pick up and drop will be at the same location ( however you are free to get down on the route while return journey.)
- Team captains' decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Trek Panda as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account, if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, natural or other disaster, nuclear incident, terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
- Pune to Pune Sleeper Train:10500/-
- Pune to Pune 3AC Train:12500/-
- Mumbai to Mumbai Sleeper Train:10500/-
- Mumbai to Mumbai 3AC Train:12500/-
- Pondy to Pondy-8499/-
- Departure Train:
- We will be boarding Dr PDY Exp from Mumbai(21.30pm Dadar or 22.00pm from Kalyan)
- We will be boarding Dr PDY Exp from Pune(11.45pm reporting at Pune Junction)
- Arrival Train:
- We will be taking Mass LTT at 6.15pm from Chennai to Pune/Mumbai