Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time. At the base of this fort is ancient Lord Shiva (Amruteshwar) temple. is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors.
Click on the book now button to check the batch dates
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kasara to Kasara via jeep
- lunch (all veg)
- Trek fees
- Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above
- 0.99% convenience charge will be applied on UPI transactions and card payments will need a convinience charge of 2.3% which will be applied once you select the razorpay payment method at end of your booking process.
- Ratangad Height: 1296m (4255ft)
- Ratangad Trail: Combination of forest trail and iron ladders.
- Ratangad Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Ratangad Trek Endurance: Moderate
- Ratangad Trek Length: Approx. 6 km
- Ratangad Trek Best Time: June to February
Mumbai Via Kasara-
- Take 08:50 Kasara Fast Local
- 08:50 PM: CSMT
- 09:05 PM: Dadar
- 09:16 PM: Ghatkopar
- 09:32 PM: Thane
- 09:54 PM: Kalyan
- 11:05 PM: Kasara
- 11:15 PM: Report at Kasara Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 11:45 PM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- Take a dinner break at Baba da Dhaba
- 5.00am : We reach the base village and freshen up to start the trek
- 6.00am : Start the trek to Ratangad
- 10.00am : Reach the summit and explore the peak
- 12.00m : Start the descend
- 3.00pm : Reach the base village and enjoy delicious meal
- 4.00pm : Depart back to Kasara
- 7.00pm : Reach back Kasara with loads of memories
- Are washrooms available on the trek?
Washrooms are available at the base village only. No facility is available during the trek.
- What about extra baggage?
You can safely keep your extra bags in bus.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet