Spiti Valley Winter Tour is one of the things that could be seen on the top of every traveler’s bucket list. During the past two decades, Spiti has risen from a land separating Tibet and Himachal Pradesh to a major tourist attraction.
Spiti Valley is famous for majorly three things which are its natural beauty, the Monasteries, and wonderful people and their culture residing in nearby villages.
The Chorten at Tabo monastery in Spiti valley is the famous big white and golden structure you get to see in every Spiti valley youtube video. There are numerous other places that make the Spiti Valley a perfect place for someone to get a few good shots either professionally or just for casually updating their Instagram.
Apart from Spiti being famous as a travel destination, it has another identity too and also, has a historical background which is known to quite a few out there.
From being attacked by neighboring kingdoms to getting invaded by Ghulam Khan and Rahim Khan’s army from Jammu and Kashmir and finally getting into the hands of East India Company in 1846, Spiti has seen a lot.
- Batch 1:17th-26th June
- Batch 2:1st July-10th July
- Batch 3:8th July-17th July
- Batch 4:15th July-24th July
- Batch 5:2nd July-31st July
- Batch 6:5th Aug-14th Aug
- Batch 6:12th Aug-21st Aug
- Batch 7:26th Aug-4th Sept
What is included in the tour
- Transportation in Tempo Traveller from Manali to Manali.
- Bus tickets from Delhi to Manali and return.
- Accommodations in homestays and camps on sharing basis as per itinerary.
- Meal Plan: MAP (Breakfast+ Dinner, starting from Day 2 Dinner till Day 8 Breakfast)
- Trip Lead will be present at all times during the tour.
- Mechanical Support
- All permits Required
- First Aid Kits
- Infrared Thermometer
What is NOT included in the tour
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delay travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions
- Visit to Chandratal Lake
- Spiti valley sightseeing
- Key Monastery
- Chicham village
- Dhankar Monastry
- Tabo Village
- Pin Valley National Park
- Manali local sightseeing
Day 1: Pune/Mumbai to Delhi
- 9.10:Take Samp Kranti Express from Pune Station
- 17.00:Take NDLS Rajdhani Special/Gareeb Rath/Mangladweep from Mumbai Central
Day 2: Delhi to Manali
- The group assembles at the pick-up point by 06:00 PM.
- We'll meet the team captains and a small tour briefing would also be provided.
- After which, we’ll head out on an overnight journey to Manali.
- The pickup point would be RK Ashram or Majnu Ka Tila (tentative).
Day 3: Manali Sightseeing and overnight stay
- Today we will check in into hotel and you can explore the nearby market and old manali so that you get acclimitized!
Day 4: Manali to Kaza (200 Kilometers, 9 Hours Drive)
- After an early breakfast, the group will head out to Kaza.
- En route, the group will be crossing through Rohtang and Kunjum Pass.
- The group will reach Kaza by late evening.
- Post-check-in, the rest of the day is at leisure and the participants are advised to go for a local sightseeing tour, cafe hopping, and more.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Kaza.
Day 5: Spiti Sightseeing Day 01 (Pin valley, Tabo, Dhankar )
- After an early breakfast, we will head towards Kungri Monastery in Pin valley.
- Later on, the group will move out for Mudh Village.
- En route, the group will be making a sightseeing stoppage at the Tabo Monastery.
- After that, the group will leave for Dhankar and end the day with a sightseeing tour of Dhankar Monastery.
- Later on, the group will head back to Kaza.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Kaza.
Day 6: Spiti Sightseeing Day 02 (Hikkim, Komic, Langza )
- Post Breakfast, the group will visit Hikkim (the highest post office in the world).
- After that, we’ll move towards Komic village (one of the highest villages in the world at 4600 meters connected by a motorable road ).
- We’ll be visiting Langza next (the most beautiful village in Spiti valley and has the famous Buddha statue).
- Later, we'll move towards Kee Monastery.
- Finally, we’ll head back to Kaza.
- After reaching our hotel/homestay, dinner will be served.
- Overnight stay in Kaza.
Day 7: Kaza to Chandratal/Batal (90 Kilometers, 7 Hours Drive)
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- After which, we will head to Chandra Taal or Batal.
- En route, the group will make a sightseeing stoppage at Kibber, Chicham Bridge (Asia’s Highest Bridge), and Kunzum Pass.
- Post-check-in, we'll be visiting Chandra Taal Lake.
- Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Chandra Taal or Batal.
Day 8: Chandratal/Batal to Manali (125 Kilometers, 7 Hours Drive)
- Post breakfast we'll head out for Manali.
- Midway, we'll be passing through Rohtang Pass.
- We'll be reaching Manali by late afternoon.
- After that, the group will be boarding an overnight bus for Delhi in the evening.
Day 9: Manali to Delhi
- The group will reach Delhi by early in the morning.
- End of Tour.
- We will take a train back to Pune
Day 10: Arrival in Pune
- What Will Be the Group Size for This Spiti Valley Tour?
We prefer a smaller group size consisting of only 15-18 participants. The reason being that smaller batches are better in terms of collaborative group experience and trip coordination as well. You’re more likely to gel up with everybody in a short group as compared to a group that has more participants in number.
- Who All Will Be Accompanying The Group During The Spiti Valley Tour?
We have fully qualified and functionally trained Trip Leads, Assistant Trip Lead, Driver accompanying the group during all our journeys. Apart from that, Local Guides and Porters (personal expanse) will also be tagged in if required on a trip/trek.
- Being The Only Girl In The Group, Will The Journey Be Safe For Me As Well?
Yes! You should board with us on the departure date without any hesitation being the solo girl traveling alone. The reason is that we will make sure to take care of your experience during the whole journey. Additionally, all our trip leads are trained to deal with a number of situations and they’ll be there for you during the trip
- What Necessary Items Should I Pack For The Spiti Valley Tour?
Once your booking is confirmed, a whatsapp group will be created which will include all the necessary information including booking details, trip details, and a brief packing list.
- What Type of Ground Transportation Will Be Used on the Trip?
We will make sure that you’re comfortable during the whole journey and that is why we hire the best in class vehicle according to the terrain and need. Some of the on-ground vehicles that you might travel in will be Tempo Traveller or taxis such as Innova, Bolero, Tata Sumo, e.t.c.
- Do I Need to Buy Trekking Shoes for the Spiti Valley Tour?
Since we do not have any trekking to do while on the journey, you might not need trekking shoes specifically. But still, a good pair of shoes that have proper soles and are equally comfortable is recommended.
You might need a good pair of shoes when traveling to Dhankar Lake and Chandratal lake. A Quechua or forclaz shoes available at Decathlon will also do.
- What Are the Washroom/Toilet Facilities on the Spiti Tour?
We will be staying in Hotels, Camp and Homestays-we have constructed washrooms with proper running water and sanitation facilities
- How Many Travelers Will Be Staying in One Room?
We offer Triple Sharing rooms. Double sharing rooms can be provided at an additional cost of 2000/- per person for whole trip
- What Type of Food Is Served During the Trip?
We provide nutritious, hygienic, and healthy veg food during the trip.
- Do You Prefer I Should Bring Some Medicines With Me?
Yes, it is advisable that you carry your own medication on the Spiti trip. Although, for common symptoms and even more, we have first aid boxes and all our trip leads have basic knowledge about basic paramedics practices.
- What Will We Do if It Rains?
If it starts raining slowly while trekking then we will continue our trek as per the plan. Your poncho will keep you dry. In case if it is raining heavily then we will try to find any shelter and wait for the rain to stop or slow. If it rains at the campsite then there would not be any problem because all our living tents, kitchen tents, and toilet tents are waterproof. You will stay dry inside.
Photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-on, if required for the campsite
2 Water Bottles (1 liter each)
Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry a Monkey cap instead
Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
Windcheater or Poncho
2-3 pairs of trek pants
2 collared and full-sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
Camera or Binoculars
Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dry fruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
Cap, Sunglasses – Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on a trek
Any medicines that you normally consume – Please consult your doctor in this regard
An empty tiffin box and spoon to have your meals since the usage of plastic vessels is not allowed on the trek
Click on the book now button to check the cost (it may vary from season to season)
- Kindly note that trekpanda makes its tickets from irctc certified agents
- We use intelligent AI-based tools like Confirmticket to predict the confirmation probability of your ticket
- Tickets are made based on the maximum confirmation probability and solely depend on the remaining days for your departure
- However, it is essential to note that the tool does not guarantee a 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets every time and trekpanda does not hold any control to confirm tickets every time.
- There might always be a chance that you get a RAC(half seat) ticket instead of a confirmed seat and trekpanda is not responsible for not providing confirmed tickets since IRCTC is a govt body and we do not hold any control over that.
- It is always the best thing to book your trip in advance at least 20 days prior to improve your possibility of getting a full seat on the train
- The seat availability of trains depends from the season to season and since few routes have specific one or two trains running on the route it might get difficult to get a confirmed seat during peak festive and tourist seasons
- Also kindly note that our agents will get in touch with you to provide alternate options for trains where you can hold a chance of a confirmed ticket which may have some monetary difference in the ticket amount which if you confirm to upgrade shall be liable to pay.
- Also, there might arise a chance that our predictability tool may fail and you may get a RAC seat once the chart is prepared. Kindly note that trekpanda won't be responsible for providing full seats in such a situation nor refunding any amount since it is a govt transport and not private.
- Premium trains like Rajdhani and Duranto have a fare of 50% on the higher side than regular trains however they provide the highest confirmation probability and you can always opt for the same.
- In case you want to cancel your train tickets in the middle of a trip to opt for flight options you need to update us 36 hours prior to providing hassle-free cancellation last minute cancellations are not practically possible every time as our agents work in fixed time slots and there are various other factors associated to it.