If har 5-minute mein view change hota hai was a place, it's this. The drive through Spiti Valley is like a roller coaster, thrilling you at every turn, pumping your adrenaline, and satisfying your need for a thrill in every way, leaving you speechless.
Winter in Spiti lasts from November to April, when temperatures can drop to -30 degrees Celsius. Spiti has recently transformed from a land separating Tibet and Himachal Pradesh to a major tourist attraction. Furthermore, Spiti Valley is well-known for three things: its natural beauty, monasteries, and wonderful people.
We take you through all the wonderful places including Kaza, Chitkul a.k.a the last village, Lanza, and Gue to visit the only mummy in India and more unique places. In addition, there are numerous places that make Spiti Valley ideal for any type of traveler. It's a fantastic location for Instagrammers and photographers because there are so many opportunities for great shots. Spiti is well-known as a tourist destination, but it also has a rich historical past.
The Spiti valley unfolds itself as you drive deeper into the rugged landscape, with its vibrant monasteries, snow-clad mountains, small hamlets, glittering lakes, and views that were previously only seen on your Instagram feed.
- Ex-Delhi to Delhi
What is included in the tour
- 3AC Train tickets from Pune/Mumbai if added from add on section
- Shimla to Shimla transportation in a Tempo Traveller.
- Tickets for the Volvo bus from Delhi to Shimla and back.
- Accommodation on triple and quad-sharing with extra matress (genderwise) in homestays or hostels
- 13 Meals (1 Breakfast at Shimla, Breakfast, and Dinner at Chitkul, 2 Breakfast, and 2 Dinner at Kalpa, breakfast, and dinner at Nako, 2breakfast and 2 dinners at Kaza)
- Guided Tour
- Mechanical Assistance
- All permits that you will be required for the trip
- First Aid Kits
- Infrared Thermometer
What is NOT included in the tour
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional costs, such as personal expenses.
- Additional lodging/food expenses that arise as a result of any travel delays.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned specifically in the Package Inclusions.
- Any other air/rail fare or transportation method than what is listed under "Inclusions."
- Any sightseeing / accomodation in Delhi. Which can be added from Addon section
- During sightseeing, parking and monument entry fees apply.
- Costs incurred as a result of flight cancellations, landslides, roadblocks, as well as other natural disasters.
- Any other services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Travel along the ancient Indo-Tibet Highway.
- This journey began at a lower altitude in Shimla and will progress to a much higher altitude in Kaza.
- Kaza is known as the white desert not because it is a desert with a lot of sand, but because snow always covers the ground.
- Reawaken your sense of adventure by driving down one of the World's Most Dangerous Roads.
- Send a postcard to your loved ones from the world's "Highest Post Office."
- Lean over the edge of Asia's highest suspension bridge, the Chicham Bridge, to photograph a truck that resembles an ant.
- Drive to Komic, the "World's Highest Motorable Village," and you'll feel like you're on top of the world.
- Witness a plethora of stars and the Milky Way on Spiti's pitch-black nights.
- The best part about Spiti is that its view changes every day, you get to feel the extreme in Spiti's subfreezing temperatures.
- Take Samp Kranti at morning 9.00am from Pune to Delhi
- Mumbai people will take either Rajdhani or BDTS HW Express depending upon availability to Delhi
- People traveling from other cities can get in touch with us for train connectivity.
- The group meets at the pick-up location by 6:00 PM.
- We'll meet the team captains and receive a quick tour briefing.
- Following that, we'll move ahead on an overnight journey to Shimla.
- We'll arrive in Shimla early in the morning.
- At this point, we'll switch from the bus to Tempo Traveller and head to Chitkul/Sangla.
- We'll arrive in Chitkul/Sangla in the evening.
- Finally, we'll wrap up the day with some group bonding exercises and dinner.
- Overnight stay in Chitkul/Sangla
- Breakfast will be available in the morning.
- We'll depart for Kalpa after breakfast.
- We'll stop in Reckong Peo town about halfway. In addition, if the weather is clear, you may be able to see Kinner Kailash Peak.
- When we arrive in Kalpa, we'll visit Kalpa Monastery and Suicide Point.
- Dinner will be served in the evening following check-in, followed by an overnight stay in Kalpa.
- After breakfast, we'll continue on our way to Nako, our next stop.
- Midway, we'll make a stop at Khab (The confluence of Sutlej and Spiti rivers).
- When we arrive in Nako, we'll go to Nako Lake and the Nako Monastery.
- Dinner will be served following check-in, followed by an overnight stay in Nako.
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- Following that, we'll begin our journey to Spiti's headquarters in Kaza.
- We'll stop halfway at the 1021-year-old Tabo Monastery, usually accompanied by *Gue Monastery and Dhankar Monastery.
- We'll arrive in Kaza before dark.
- After checking in, you are free to explore the town for the rest of the day.
- Dinner will be provided in the evening, followed by an overnighter in Kaza.
- After breakfast, we'll visit Key Monastery and then Chicham Bridge (Asia's Highest Bridge).
- We will travel to Hikkim later in the day (the highest post office in the world).
- Following that, we'll proceed to Komic Village (one of the highest villages in the world at 4600 meters connected by a motorable road ).
- We'll be going to Langza next (the most beautiful village in Spiti valley which has the famous Buddha statue and is also known as the Fossil village due to the presence of fossils abundance).
- Finally, we'll return to Kaza.
- Dinner will be served after we arrive at our hotel/homestay, followed by an overnight stay in Kaza.
- There will be breakfast served.
- After that, we'll return to Kalpa or Chandratal(only if route is open).
- We'll arrive in Kalpa/Chandratal in the evening, so the day may feel a little longer.
- Dinner will be served following check-in, followed by an overnight stay in Kalpa or camps in chandratal.
- We'll leave after breakfast for Shimla or Manali
- When we arrive in Shimla/Manali, we will take an overnight bus to Delhi.
- We'll arrive in Delhi in the early morning.
- Winter Spiti Road Trip concludes.
- You can return by train or plane
- Arrive back in Pune and Mumbai as per you alloted train timings
NOTE:CHANDRATAL WILL BE OPEN TILL END OF OCTOBER HENCE BATCHES TILL END OF OCTOBER WILL HEAD VIA CHANDRATAL ROUTE ONCE THE ROUTE IS CLOSED WE WILL BE RETURNING VIA SHMILA ROUTE
- What can I expect from this trip in terms of hospitality?
We would do everything we could to make this trip as comfortable as possible. However, we recommend that you put aside your fancy luxurious expectations because only basic needs are met in the mountains.
- What is the expected group size for this Spiti Valley tour?
We prefer a smaller group size of only 15-18 participants. The reason for this is that smaller batches are better for collaborative group experiences and trip coordination. In a small group, you're more likely to get along with everyone than in a larger group with more participants.
- Who will be joining the group on the Spiti Valley tour?
All of our journeys are accompanied by fully qualified and functionally trained Trip Leads, Assistant Trip Leads, and Drivers. Aside from that, if a trip/trek requires it, local guides and porters (personal expense) will be added.
- Will the journey be safe for me as the only female in the group?
Yes! As a solo female traveler, you should board with us on the departure date without hesitation. The reason for this is that we will ensure that you have a positive experience throughout your journey. Furthermore, all of our trip leaders have been trained to deal with a variety of situations, and they will be available to you throughout the trip.
- What Should I Bring With Me on My Spiti Valley Tour?
Once your reservation is confirmed, a Whatsapp group will be created 3 days prior to your departure, with all the necessary information such as booking details, trip details, and a brief packing list.
- What mode of transportation will be used on the trip?
We will make sure that you are comfortable throughout the journey, which is why we hire the best-in-class vehicle for the terrain and requirements. Tempo Travellers or taxis such as Innova, Bolero, Tata Sumo, and others are examples of on-road vehicles.
- Is it necessary to purchase trekking shoes for the Spiti Valley tour?
Because we will not be trekking during our journey, you may not require trekking shoes. However, a good pair of shoes with proper soles and equal comfort is recommended.
- What Are the Washroom facilities available for the Spiti Tour?
We will be staying in hotels, camps, and homestays, and we have built restrooms with running water and sanitation facilities.
- How many people will be staying in a single room?
We have Triple Sharing rooms available. Double-sharing rooms are available for an additional cost of 2000/- per person for the duration of the trip. You can look for add-ons by clicking "book now.
- What type of food will be served on the trip?
During the trip, we provide nutritious and healthy vegetarian food.
- Do you think I should bring some medications?
Yes, you should bring your personal medications on the Spiti trip. Despite this, we have first aid kits for common symptoms and more, and all of our trip leaders are familiar with basic paramedic practices.
- Rucksack (60 liters or more)
- Backpack Rain Cover
- Sunglasses with UV Protection
- Woolen Cap
- Inner Thermals (2 pairs)
- Pants that are comfortable (preferably cargo/trek pants)
- Fleece Jacket
- Warm Jacket
- Down Jacket /Main Jacket
- Socks (2 Woolen/2 Cotton)
- Sturdy and comfy Shoes
- Personal Medication
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Power Bank
- Mobile Charger/Travel Charger
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cold Cream
- Lip Guard
- Sunscreen Lotion (SPF 40+)
- ID (Driver's License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
- Public smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited.
- If found, the participant will be terminated immediately.
- Garbage is strictly prohibited on trails.
- Participants must transport their waste.
- It is illegal to listen to loud music in the mountains.
- The pick-up and drop-off locations will be the same ( however you are free to get down on the route while the return journey.)
- If any trekker's behavior is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our members of staff or other team members reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will be responsible for making their arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not consider any claims arising from such conduct.
- Trek Panda as a company or our local staff will not be held liable for any injuries/illness sustained while on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the trekker's basic safety. All expenses incurred as a result of a medical emergency or trekker/customer must be borne by the trekker/customer.
- There is always the possibility of receiving a RAC (half-seat) ticket instead of a confirmed seat, and Trekpanda is not responsible for not providing confirmed tickets because IRCTC is a govt body over which we have no control.
- Please keep in mind that our agents will contact you to provide alternate train options where you can hold a chance of a confirmed ticket with a monetary difference in the ticket amount that you will be obligated to pay if you confirm to upgrade.
Click on the book now button to check the detailed cost of the trip
Delhi 17999- onwards
The costs vary as per city and add ons
Train from Pune
Departure Trains: Samp Kranti/Goa Express depending upon departure dates and availability
In case the train is not available from Pune we will travel from Pune->Mumbai-> Delhi
Arrival Train: Goa Express/Jhelum Express
Train from Mumbai
Departure Trains: Gareeb Rath/Mangladweep Exp/Avsr Spl depending upon departure dates and availability
Arrival Trains: Pschm Exp or BDTS ASR Spl
Train or Bus details will be updated on WhatsApp one day before the event.
Required forms will be mailed to you, post booking via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly note that trekpanda makes its tickets from irctc certified agents
- We use intelligent AI-based tools like Confirmticket to predict the confirmation probability of your ticket
- Tickets are made based on the maximum confirmation probability and solely depend on the remaining days for your departure
- However, it is essential to note that the tool does not guarantee a 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets every time and trekpanda does not hold any control to confirm tickets every time.
- There might always be a chance that you get a RAC(half seat) ticket instead of a confirmed seat and trekpanda is not responsible for not providing confirmed tickets since IRCTC is a govt body and we do not hold any control over that.
- It is always the best thing to book your trip in advance at least 20 days prior to improve your possibility of getting a full seat on the train
- The seat availability of trains depends from the season to season and since few routes have specific one or two trains running on the route it might get difficult to get a confirmed seat during peak festive and tourist seasons
- Also kindly note that our agents will get in touch with you to provide alternate options for trains where you can hold a chance of a confirmed ticket which may have some monetary difference in the ticket amount which if you confirm to upgrade shall be liable to pay.
- Also, there might arise a chance that our predictability tool may fail and you may get a RAC seat once the chart is prepared. Kindly note that trekpanda won't be responsible for providing full seats in such a situation nor refunding any amount since it is a govt transport and not private.
- Premium trains like Rajdhani and Duranto have a fare of 50% on the higher side than regular trains however they provide the highest confirmation probability and you can always opt for the same.
- In case you want to cancel your train tickets in the middle of a trip to opt for flight options you need to update us 36 hours prior to providing hassle-free cancellation last minute cancellations are not practically possible every time as our agents work in fixed time slots and there are various other factors associated to it.