Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical 90 degrees. The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one-meter wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort.
There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock-like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking.
Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast ,late night snacks and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel by private non-Ac vehicle
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- Transaction charges depending upon the mode of payment will be charged by Razorpay(Use NEFT option to pay and save gateway charges)
- Harihar Fort Height: 3676 feet approx.
- Harihar Fort Region: Igatpuri
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Trek Endurance: High
- 8.00pm:Pickup from BMCC College Fc road
- 8.15pm:Pickup from Shivajinagar
- 8.30pm:Pickup from Nasik Phata
- 04:30am Reach at base village and rest in the bus.
- 05:30am Have a breakfast.
- 06:00am Start ascending.
- 09:30am Reach on top. Explore top.
- 10:30am Start descending.
- 13:30pm Reach at base village and have a lunch.
- 14:30pm Start return journey towards Pune.
- 23:00pm Arrival at Pune.(Kindly keep some buffer w.r.t traffic)
Note: Post Booking Whatsapp groups for further updates on the coordinator number will be created 8-12 hours before the departure itinerary as on the website will be followed incase you need any assistance you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trek Difficulty
Trek difficulty is Moderate.
- What are the pickup points
1) BMCC, Deccan, Pune
2) Nasik phata
We provide pickups from these two points only kindly do not ask for custom pickups.
- What if I catch covid a day before the trek
WE HAVE ZERO REFUND POLICIY IN ANY CASE , THOUGH THE TREK AMOUNT CAN BE CARRIED FORWARD TO NEXT EVENTS WITHIN A SPAN OF 3 MONTHS .
*applicable only on sharing of covid report.
- What if I'm vaccinated a day before the trek?
In such case we would suggest you to take proper rest and join us on upcoming event.
- Are washrooms available on the trek?
Washrooms are available at the base village only. No facility is available during the trek.
- What is the type of bus
The bus is NON/AC Tempo Traveler with decent seating comfort.
- What about extra baggage?
You can safely keep your extra bags in bus.
2 liters water
Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
Snacks & amp; biscuits
Extra pair of clothes
Clean napkin or towel
Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
Please carry personal medicines if any
- No refund will be provided in case of cancellations one day prior to trek
- 20 percent refund will be provided if cancelled two days before that.
- The event may get cancelled or changed depending on natural calamities and amount will be refunded only for cancellations of events.
- No refund will be given due to sudden closure of the destinations and natural calamities after reaching the venue.
- We have planned events and any mishap or calamity on the behalf of participant wont be considered
- Please keep a buffer time of around 2 hours in the schedule.