Dayara Bhugyal Trek is one of the most beautiful beginner-friendly trek in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The term “Bugyal” in the local dialect means high altitude pasture land. Dayara Bugyal stands at an elevation of above 10,000 ft/3048 m. This trek in the Garhwal Himalayas has become one of the most popular trekking routes with thick forests that open to a huge lush green meadow. The trekking for Dayara Bugyal starts from the village of Barsu and goes one through the forest of Dayara. If you are a beginner looking to start your journey in the Himalayas this trek is best for you!
- Delhi to Delhi
- Dehradun to Dehradun
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Pune/Mumbai to Delhi via train and back
- Transport from Delhi to Dehradun and back via train
- Transport from Dehradun to Uttarkashi and back in private vehicle
- Stay in Dehradun in hotels
- Stay in Uttarkashi in Gharwali homestays
- Excellent Trekking Guide, who will be a local to this particular area and has profound knowledge of the trekking trails around.
- Specialized Cook, Support staff, Porters/Packed Animals for carrying the central logistics of the trek.
- Stay in tents (3 person dome or ridge-shaped tents) on sharing basis during the trek.
- Camping equipment like Sleeping bag, Carry mattress, Gaiters, Microspikes/Crampon.
- Kitchen tent, dining tent, and toilet tent as required during the trek.
- All permit fees, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
- Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
- Travel insurance cum Accidental Insurance Policy covering high altitude trekking tours (For Indian nationals it is included in the TREK FEE, up to 60 years of age). It covers your trek as well as your return journey to Dehradun for a duration of 7 days.
- Team Captains(First Aid Certified)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during train travel
- Meals during the buffer day
- Any additional expenses required to carry personal luggage during the trek
- Any expense required for medical evacuation or unknown conditions arising during the trek
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions section
- Best Beginner trek in Uttarakhand
- Temperature: -4 degrees (Min), 25 degrees (Max), days are relatively warmer
- Dayara Bugyal Trek distanceTrekking Distance: 29 km
- Maximum Altitude: 12,000 ft
- Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Day 0:Departure from Pune/Mumbai
- Take Samp Kranti train from Pune Station to Delhi
- Take Train from CST to Delhi
Day 1:Arrival in Delhi and transfer to Dehradun
- Reach Delhi early morning and take a train to Dehradun from Delhi at 3.20 pm
- Overnight stay in a hotel
Day 2:Dehradhun to Raithal Village(190kms-7/8 hours Altitude:7243ft )
- Early morning we depart to Raithal village from Dehradun. Get in the vehicle from Dehradun and enjoy the picturesque journey along Bhagirathi River’s bank and forest stretches to reach Raithal village. It is the base camp of Dayara Bugyal trek.
- Reach by evening and check into Homestay overnight in homestay.
Day 3:Trek from Raithal to Goi Bhugyal (4kms 3/4 hours)
- We begin the trek out of Raithal Village. You can spot the forest where Gui is located right from the starting point itself. As we start the trek you can get spectacular views of famous peaks like Mt. Shrikhand and Gangotri Massif. As we go along the trek the views of these peaks will become better and better. Today’s trek is an easy ascend. Initially, we pass through the village fields after which the trail enters into the forest area. We will reach our campsite for the day by the early noon. Goi is a beautiful campsite located in the forest. After reaching we first do some stretching exercises after which we will set up camps.
Day 4:Gui to Chilapada (3000M, 4 Hours, Easy Trek)
- Today’s trek is very easy on almost flat sections. As we start our trek on the trail leading to Dayara, the peaks which were on the other facet invisible from the eyes, start appearing. First, we arrive at Gui Thatch. Thatch is usually a small clearing in the forest. Keeps walking until you come across the stream which is an ideal spot for taking some rest. After a brief halt, we start again. From this point, A trek of about half an hour brings us to Chilpada, our campsite for the day.
Day 5: Chilapada to Dayara Top (3750 M) to Chilapada/Goi (2700M), 5-6 hours trek, easy trek
- Today is our culminations day which means we will head to the highest point of the trek which is called Dayara Top. With initial half an hour trek through the forest, the trail finally opens up at the end of the vast Dayara meadow. The peak which was visible right from the start of the trek as much more prominent now. Since the trek is short, You will have enough time to explore the surroundings and experience one of the best meadows of our country. Catch breath-taking sights of famous peaks such as Catch sight of snow-covered peaks like Bandarpooch (6,316 m), Bhagirathi (6921 m), and Black Peak (2,734 m). Give yourself some time to sit back and relax. After that, we retrace our steps back to the Chilapada or Goi Campsite
Day 6: Chilapada/Goi to Raithal. Drive to Dehradun (2200M. 3-4 Hours trek, 6-7 Hours Road Journey)
- Since today is going to be the last of the trek, we start early to reach Raithal by 10 AM. It's an easy descent on the main trail which we followed yesterday to come down from Dayara. At Raithal the enchanting Dayara Bugyal Trek comes to an end. After reaching Raithal board vehicle for Dehradun. Expect to reach Dehradun by 8 PM.
Day 7:Buffer Day
- Today is a buffer day in our trek we will chill around our hotel in Dehradun and you can explore local market or just relax we take overnight train to Delhi
Day 8:Arrival in Delhi and departure to Pune/Mumbai
- Today we arrive in Delhi and take our trains back to Pune/Mumbai
Day 9:Arrival in Pune and Mumbai
- Our trip ends today with loads of memories and back to mundane life
- Risk and Response
- High Altitude Treks: Risk and Response A high-altitude trek calls for an adventurous attitude, but embarking on an adventurous trip without calculating the risks is utter stupidity. That’s why we have listed a few risks and the response planned by TrekPanda to minimize or address the risks in the best possible way.
- Risk: Altitude Before you start the trek, it is important to understand the implications of high altitude on your body. Be aware of symptoms of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) like mild headache, nausea, and general discomfort.
- Response: If you feel any of these symptoms, inform the trek leader on priority and follow his instructions. Every campsite has a stretcher, fully equipped first aid kit, oxygen cylinders to address the situation.
- Risk: Weather Weather is unpredictable in the Himalayas. Though we are always observant about the changing weather, no one can guarantee a snowfall, rain, or Sun. Do understand that your security is of utmost importance to us and we will not proceed any further from the campsite if the weather is not favorable.
- Response: The decision of the Trek Leaders and Guides to proceed or wait for the weather to get better will be final.
- Risk: Injuries Often, while trekking over difficult terrains, you might have minor injuries like leg sprain, bruises, etc. Serious injuries like fractures or major cuts are very rare.
- Response: All our Trek Leaders are Certified Wilderness First Aid responders. They are trained to handle emergencies and can tackle minor injuries with a well-equipped first aid kit. In case of serious injuries, the patient is carried on a stretcher to the nearest road-head and is led to the nearest medical center.
- Risk: Lack of communication devices In the remote areas of the Himalayas, mobile networks do not reach. On a trek, one is cut off from the world of calls, SMSs, or WhatsApp's.
- Response: We rely on walkie-talkies and runners to communicate between the campsites and the base camps.
- I have never done any Himalayan Trek before how shall i prepare for this trek?
- You need to maintain a fitness routine of 5kms walk in 40 mins so kindly start preparing at least a week prior before the trek so that you are in good physical shape during the trek also if you are suffering from any medical conditions like asthma,blood pressure,diabetics or recovered from any injury kindly consult your doctor before joining the trek.
- I am a solo female traveler can i join the trek?
- Absoulutely you can join the trek since all our staff is well equipped to handle any issues arising during the trek and make you comfortable since we are the most female friendly trekking organization in the country
- Backpack and rain cover(60 liters)
- Small backpack to carry during the trek
- Three layers of clothing, one fleece jacket,mufflers,bandanas, and poncho or raincoat
- Three pairs of socks, gloves and headlamp(can be rented at base)
- Pair of snowshoes waterproof(Quechua or similar) with good grip
- Personal hygiene kit and toilet paper
- Sunscreen lotions,lip balms, caps and sunglasses
- Shawl for train journey
- Light snacks and dryfruits
- Personal medical kit (consult your doctor)
- Personal medicines if any and ORS
- Govt identity proof
Eligibility criteria explained:
1. An ability to run 5 km in 40 minutes
A trek like Dayara Bugyal requires good fitness level. There are gradual ascends and 4-5 hours of trekking every day. As a measure of your fitness, we require you to be able to run at least 5 km in 40 minutes by the time your trek starts.
2. A commitment towards no smoking and drinking throughout the trek
Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited on our treks. These can be fatal at high altitude. So even if you are a smoker, you are expected to keep away from it during the trek. You will be sent back to the basecamp if you are found smoking or drinking.
3. A promise towards responsible trekking
We strongly advocate sustainable trekking. We have policy where we pick up litter left behind by others and manage our waste responsibly. We segregate our waste. We carry no disposables. We believe in minimal consumption.We also follow strong forest and trek etiquette to leave the mountains as quiet and peaceful as they are.
- Dehradhun to Dehradhun-9500
- Delhi to Delhi-11000
- Pune to Pune Sleeper-12999/-
- Pune to Pune 3AC-14000/-
- Mumbai to Mumbai Sleeper-12999/-
- Mumbai to Mumbai 3AC-14500/-