Hampta Pass Trek is considered the easiest and convenient of all treks in Himachal Pradesh. It is the Ingress to the Spiti Valley from Manali Valley. It is a trek that will leave you in awe of this beautiful place. The variation in the trails is enormous; scenic landscapes, open green pastures and meadows, glacial valleys, easy access and an exceptional, adventurous and hair raising crossing of the pass makes this trekking expedition to Hampta pass an exciting one. Chandratal lake located at 14000 feet approx is the main attraction to visit during the trek. The best months to trek are May and June and August through October. The reason why Hampta pass is a famous trekking zone is snow; the pass has lump sum snow even during the summer which draws more trekkers for visit. The expedition consists of approximately 26 kms of trek.
- Batch 1:16th-25th June
- Batch 2:23rd June-2nd July
- Batch 3:30th June-9th July
- Batch 4:7th July-16th July
- Batch 5:14th July-23rd July
- Batch 6:21st July-30th July
- Batch 7:28th July-6th Aug
- Batch 8:4th July-13th Aug
- Batch 9:11th Aug-20th Aug
- Batch 10:19th Aug-27th Aug
- Batch 11:25th Aug-3rd Sept
Delhi to Delhi
- Batch 1:17th-24th June
- Batch 2:24th June-1st July
- Batch 3:31st June-8th July
- Batch 4:8th July-15th July
- Batch 5:15th July-22rd July
- Batch 6:22nd July-29th July
- Batch 7:29th July-5th Aug
- Batch 8:5th Aug-12th Aug
- Batch 9:12th Aug-19th Aug
- Batch 10:19th Aug-26th Aug
- Batch 11:26th Aug-2nd Sept
What is included in the tour
- Train tickets if you book with train package
- Travel from Delhi to Delhi via volvo
- All Veg Meals from Dinner in Manali to Breakfast on Day 5th in Manali.
- Tented accommodations on triple sharing basis during the trek
- Morning, evening tea served with light snacks while on Trek.
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- The transfer cost from Manali Base Camp to trekking point – Jobra on Day 1
- The transfer cost from Chatru to Chandratal/Manali Base Camp on Day 4 and Day 5
- All fees and permits for Indians are included in the Hampta Pass Trek package.
- Safety Equipment
- Basic First Aid Medical kits with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi Meter.
- Qualified and experienced Leader and support staff.
- Accomodation in manali during acclimitization day will be either in dorms or safari tents as per availability
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during train travel and Delhi to Manali
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- Transaction charges depending upon the mode of payment will be charged by Razorpay(Use NEFT option to pay and save gateway charges)
- Spread distantly from lush green Kullu-Manali valley to the barren landscapes of Spiti, Hampta Pass Trek is on every wanderer's bucket-list
- Visit Chandrataal, the 'Lake of the Moon', which is an incredible emerald crescent shaped lake that changes it's colour throughout the day
- Trek through vertical rock walls, glossy grasslands, gurgling streams, silver waterfalls, hanging glaciers and what not
- Witness the beautiful confluence of 3 passes Hampta, Rohtang and Spiti, a surreal treat to the eyes
- Get a chance to explore the distinct Buddhist culture of the inhabitants of Sethan who are original migrants from Tibet and Spiti Valley.
Day 1:Pune/Mumbai/Nagpur/Bhopal/Ahmedabad to Delhi
- Take your trains from Pune/Mumbai/Nagpur/Bhopal/Ahmedabad to Delhi
Day 2:Delhi to Manali | Overnight in Bus
- Reach Delhi by morning later stroll around or rest in the hotel provided for train coming people
- Evening report to Majnu ka Tilla to take our bus to Manali
Day 3:Manali sightseeing | Acclimatization Day
- We will reach Manali by morning.
- Then you can check in to the camps
- Get your rooms allotted, get refreshed
- Later enjoy local sightseeing visiting Hadimba Devi Temple, The Mall Road Tibetan Monastery, etc.
- Later visit The mall road in the evening and come back to the camps.
- Enjoy dinner
- Overnight stay in camps.
Day 4:Drive from Manali to Jobra; Trek from Jobra to Chika | Walk Through the Lush Green Forest(2 km)
- Wake up in the morning, get refreshed, and have breakfast in the hotel. Later we will check out the hotel and head towards Jobri, which is the starting point of the trek.
- The drive is scenic and 2 hours long. Then we reach the beginning point which is situated beside the AllainGuhugal Hydel Project junction and start the trek. The initial trek is through the pine forest until we reach the Rani river valley. The forest route lasts for around one hour and we arrive on open green land. We descend down and take the route going through the valley. The further route takes 2 hours to reach the Chika campsite. The entire trail is flat and mild uphill and it passes through the valley along the Rani river. We reach our campsite maximum by 4 PM and relax.
- Later, enjoy the sunset at the campsite.
- Dinner and overnight stay in dome tents
Day 5:Chika to Balu ka Ghera | Stay at the Stunning Campsites
- Enjoy the scrumptious breakfast and leave from Chika campsite to Balu ka Ghera.Feel the reality of being in the Himalayan region as you catch the first glimpse of the outer Himalayan chain of mountains as the Dhauladhar ranges begin to appear.Commonly referred to as The White Range, you’ll notice the mighty towers occupy the entire frame with meadows and flower-filled valleys dotted for company.Arrive at Balu ka Ghera and settle down at this base for the day, have lunch, and spend the rest of the time.
- Admire the surreal beauty, losing yourself in an ambiance that will take your breath away. Have your dinner and rest up in the camps at Balu ka Ghera.
DAY 6: BALU KA GERA TO SHEAGORU VIA HAMPTA PASS
- We wake up and start the trek bit early in the morning as today is the most important day of the trek. The trek is divided into two stages. The first stage consists of trekking up to the pass and the second one consists descending to the Sheagoru campsite. The trail up to the pass is full of small and big boulders and is quite steep. We trek at a steady pace and in the zig-zag motion. It takes around 3 hours to reach the pass. We can have our packed lunch there. The pass offers ultra-clear views of Indrasan, Deo Tibba, and Papsura peaks. The Lahaul can be seen on the left side from the pass.
- Later, we start descending through the sharp and steep trail. Mind your step while coming down as the route is narrow and full of scree (loose stones). After finishing the descent, we continue our walk towards the Sheagoru campsite which is around 1 km from there. We reach the campsite by late afternoon. Our camps are pitched near the Sheagoru river. Enjoy the views of the river and the lofty peaks from the campsite. DInner and overnight stay in tents.
DAY 7: SHEAGORU TO CHATTRU / DRIVE TO CHANDRATAL
- Today's trek is the easiest of all as we have to descend all the way to Chattru. We start by crossing the icy cold Sheagoru river and continue the trek on the right side of the river. After about one hour, we start seeing the road. It takes around 3 hours to reach Chattru. Relax and have lunch at the Chattru campsite. Then we start our drive towards the Chandratal lake if the weather remains good. The drive from Chattru to Chandratal is around 4-5 hours long. We take a stop at Batal, where you can click a photo at the famous Chacha Chachi ka Dhaba. The condition of the roads are too bad and gives the pure essence of the World's Treacherous road. Reach Chandratal and enjoy the beauty of this high altitude alpine lake.
- Chandratal, also called Moon Lake, is situated on the Samudra Tapu plateau in the Spiti valley. Nestled amidst the mountains, at an altitude of 4,290 meters above the sea level, the lake is known for its clear blue waters, magnificent views of CB-12 peak and pristine environment.
DAY 8: CHATRU TO MANALI
- We will reach Manali by afternoon and take a overnight bus to Delhi
Day 9:Arrival in Delhi
- Arrive in Delhi early morning and take your trains and flights back home
Day 10:Arrival in Pune/Mumbai/Bhopal/Nagpur/Ahmedabad
- Arrive back home as per your train timings
- Can i add an additional day in Manali
Yes you can add an day with an additional cost after the end of trek.However do let us know prior so that your train booking can be managed likewise
- Which trains will be available from Pune/Mumbai
Sampark Kranti on 20th Aug and Goa Express as our return train on 28th of Aug for Pune
You can get in touch with us on whatsapp 8888771773 for mumbai train details
- Photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-on, if required for the campsite
2 Water Bottles (1 liter each)
Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry a Monkey cap instead
Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
Windcheater or Poncho
2-3 pairs of trek pants
2 collared and full-sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
Camera or Binoculars
Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dry fruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
Cap, Sunglasses – Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on a trek
Any medicines that you normally consume – Please consult your doctor in this regard
An empty tiffin box and spoon to have your meals since the usage of plastic vessels is not allowed on the trek
Important information for Hampta Pass
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Pay heed to the trek leader and guide in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Hampta Pass trek.
Delhi to Delhi-12499/-
3AC-17499/- + 5% GST
Train or Bus details will be updated on WhatsApp 1 day before the event.
- Kindly note that trekpanda makes its tickets from irctc certified agents
- We use intelligent AI-based tools like Confirmticket to predict the confirmation probability of your ticket
- Tickets are made based on the maximum confirmation probability and solely depend on the remaining days for your departure
- However, it is essential to note that the tool does not guarantee a 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets every time and trekpanda does not hold any control to confirm tickets every time.
- There might always be a chance that you get a RAC(half seat) ticket instead of a confirmed seat and trekpanda is not responsible for not providing confirmed tickets since IRCTC is a govt body and we do not hold any control over that.
- It is always the best thing to book your trip in advance at least 20 days prior to improve your possibility of getting a full seat on the train
- The seat availability of trains depends from the season to season and since few routes have specific one or two trains running on the route it might get difficult to get a confirmed seat during peak festive and tourist seasons
- Also kindly note that our agents will get in touch with you to provide alternate options for trains where you can hold a chance of a confirmed ticket which may have some monetary difference in the ticket amount which if you confirm to upgrade shall be liable to pay.
- Also, there might arise a chance that our predictability tool may fail and you may get a RAC seat once the chart is prepared. Kindly note that trekpanda won't be responsible for providing full seats in such a situation nor refunding any amount since it is a govt transport and not private.
- Premium trains like Rajdhani and Duranto have a fare of 50% on the higher side than regular trains however they provide the highest confirmation probability and you can always opt for the same.
- In case you want to cancel your train tickets in the middle of a trip to opt for flight options you need to update us 36 hours prior to providing hassle-free cancellation last minute cancellations are not practically possible every time as our agents work in fixed time slots and there are various other factors associated to it.