Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical 90 degrees. The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one-meter wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort.
There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock-like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking.
Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Click on book now for updated batch dates.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast, and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel by jeep from Kasara to Kasara
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- A minimal 0.99% convenience charge will be applied on UPI transactions and card payments will need a convinience charge of 2.3% which will be applied once you select the razorpay payment method at end of your booking process.
- Harihar Fort Height: 3676 feet approx.
- Harihar Fort Region: Igatpuri
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Trek Endurance: Moderate
We’ll be boarding the below train from the nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Slow Local
09:32 pm CST
09:40 pm Byculla
09:50 pm Dadar
10:00 pm Kurla
10:06 pm Ghatkopar
10:27 pm Thane
10:50 pm Dombivli
11:01 pm Kalyan
12:11 am Kasara
Meeting Point: Kasara Railway Station at 12:15 am
- 12:15 am Meetup, freshen up, gear up for the trek
- 12:30 am Leave for a base village in a private taxi
- 02:30 am Reach base village
- 02:45 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
- 03:00 am Have breakfast and start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
- 05:30 am Reach Machi and take some rest
- 06:30 am Reach the top, Explore the fort, enjoy the view of the surrounding
- 09:00 am Start descend back to the base
- 10:30 am Reach Base Village and Have Breakfast
- 11:00 am Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
- 2:00 pm Reach Kasara station and take a return train to Mumbai
- Reach Mumbai by evening
- Kindly note that there the return timings may vary depending upon the group speed and traffic condition
Note: Post Booking Whatsapp groups for further updates on the coordinator number will be created 8-12 hours before the departure itinerary as on the website will be followed incase you need any assistance you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trek Difficulty
Trek difficulty is Moderate.
- What if I catch covid a day before the trek
WE HAVE ZERO REFUND POLICIY IN ANY CASE , THOUGH THE TREK AMOUNT CAN BE CARRIED FORWARD TO NEXT EVENTS WITHIN A SPAN OF 3 MONTHS .
*applicable only on sharing of covid report.
- What if I'm vaccinated a day before the trek?
In such case we would suggest you to take proper rest and join us on upcoming event.
- Are washrooms available on the trek?
Washrooms are available at the base village only. No facility is available during the trek.
- What is the type of bus
The bus is NON/AC Tempo Traveler with decent seating comfort.
- What about extra baggage?
You can safely keep your extra bags in bus.
- 2 liters water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Extra pair of clothing
- Raincoat / Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella only for monsoon)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Single rucksack
- Light snacks
- Torch (only for night treks)
- Winter wear (Depending on season)
- Shawls or blankets(only for night treks/ Backpacking trips / and camping)
- Personal hygiene kit.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- If found participant will be terminated on spot.
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Playing loud music in the mountains is prohibited.
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.
- Tents will be allotted as per male and female ratio by team captains, no requests will be entertained.
- Pick up and drop will be at the same location ( however you are free to get down on the route while return journey.)
- Team captains' decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Trek Panda as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account, if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, natural or other disaster, nuclear incident, terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
Prices may vary (please click on book now for current price details)
Train or Bus details will be updated on WhatsApp 1 day before the event.