Let’s visit the second highest peak of Maharashtra. Enjoy the most beautiful sunrise. Harishchandragad is a magical fortress and known as one of the best treks in Sahyadri's. With Konkan Kada keeping its charm and view taramati has to offer is soothing.
Harishchandragad trek with TrekPanda is one of the best high forts near Mumbai and Pune, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort have multiple entry routes such as the Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat, and Indore waat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple, and the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta, or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar
Click on book now for current batch dates.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by jeep from Kasara
- breakfast and lunch
- Trek fees
- Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- A minimal 0.99% convenience charge will be applied on UPI transactions and card payments will need a convinience charge of 2.3% which will be applied once you select the razorpay payment method at end of your booking process.
- Monsoon trekking
- Harishchandragad sanctuary panoramic view
- Trekking the highest peak
- Beautiful nature
- Take 08:50 Kasara Fast Local
- 08:50 PM: CSMT
- 09:05 PM: Dadar
- 09:16 PM: Ghatkopar
- 09:32 PM: Thane
- 09:54 PM: Kalyan
- 11:05 PM: Kasara
- 11:15 PM: Report at Kasara Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 11:45 PM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- Take a dinner break at Baba da Dhaba
- 12:00 AM: Igatpuri ( https://goo.gl/maps/6shGazSQyMyubf3L8 )
- 12:15 AM: Leave for the base village.
- 04:00 AM: Reach base village
- 04:30 AM: Start trek to top of Harishchandragad
- 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Relax and explore Kokankada, Harishchandragad Fort, Kedareshwar Caves, Saptatirtha Pushkarni
- 10:30 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 12:30 AM: Reach Base Village
- 01:00 PM: Have Lunch
- 02:00 PM: Depart for Mumbai
- 06:00 PM: Reach Kasara(Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- 06:18 PM: Take CSMT Fast Local
- What if I catch covid a day before the trek
- WE HAVE ZERO REFUND POLICIY IN ANY CASE , THOUGH THE TREK AMOUNT CAN BE CARRIED FORWARD TO NEXT EVENTS WITHIN A SPAN OF 3 MONTHS .
- *applicable only on sharing of covid report.
- What if I'm vaccinated a day before the trek?
- In such case we would suggest you to take proper rest and join us on upcoming event.
- Are washrooms available on the trek?
- Washrooms are available at the base village only. No facility is available during the trek.
- What about extra baggage?
- You can safely keep your extra bags in bus.
- Are changing rooms provided?
- Yes, separate (Male/Female) changing rooms are provided
- 2 liters water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Extra pair of clothing
- Raincoat / Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella only for monsoon)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Single rucksack
- Light snacks
- Torch (only for night treks)
- Winter wear (Depending on season)
- Shawls or blankets(only for night treks/ Backpacking trips / and camping)
- Personal hygiene kit.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- If found participant will be terminated on spot.
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Playing loud music in the mountains is prohibited.
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.
- Tents will be allotted as per male and female ratio by team captains, no requests will be entertained.
- Pick up and drop will be at the same location ( however you are free to get down on the route while return journey.)
- Team captains' decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Trek Panda as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account, if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, natural or other disaster, nuclear incident, terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
Prices may vary (please click on book now for current price details)
Train or Bus details will be updated on WhatsApp 1 day before the event.