Kaas Plateau famously called Maharashtra Valley of Flowers. Kaas plateau in Satara is an eco-sensitive place you can see the carpet of flowers after monsoon ends. During monsoon, Kas Pathar flower valley receives hefty rainfall; you can see different flowers throughout the year. Kaas Plateau has become famous for the various shades of the carpet the tiny flowers that grow on the Kas Pathar Satara. UNESCO in June 2012 announced Kaas Plateau as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
One particular Satara Flower Aponogeton Satarensis or Waytura Flower can only be found on Kaas Plateau now listed in endangered species. Kaas Plateau supports 175 species of wildflowers. During our tour, we will see flowers that blossom after the monsoon. Kas Pathar is home to many birds, butterflies, reptiles, wild animals.
The best time to visit Kaas Plateau season 2021 is just after the end of monsoon during September and October. Once in eight years, Karvi Flowers blooms into mas flowering covering the entire Kaas Plateau in shades of Purple Blue and Pink. Kaas Plateau Booking 2021 register in advance as limited passes are available. Kas Pathar images are available in Photogallery and a video explaining the tour.
Sajjangarh Fort was earlier known as Aashwalayangad and was built by the Bahamani Emperors in between 1347-1527 AD. It was later conquered by Adil Sha in 16th century AD. In the same year the Mughals attacked the Sha rulers and brought this fort under their control. The fort then came under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Previously known as Parali Fort, it was renamed to Sajjangad after Shivaji Maharaj requested Sri Ramdas to set up his permanent abode here.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Pune to Pune by private Non AC bus
- Kaas Entry Tickets
- Team Captains
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Witness amazing colours of wildflower blooms and diverse Flora and Fauna
- Sajjangad fort visit
- Hundreds of varities of flowers
- Click your dream pictures in the Kaas valley
- Pickup 1:
- 5.00am:BMCC College Fc Road
- Pickup 2:
- 5.30am:Xion mall Hinjewadi
- 9.00am:Reach Kaas and enjoy the amazing flowering valley explore the kaas lake and other points as it is going to take quiet a time
- 12.00pm:Have authentic veg meal at the hotel
- 2.00pm:Leave towards Sajjangad fort to witness the amazing beauty of valley
- 3.00pm-5.00pm:Explore the fort and rejoice in its never ending beaty
- 6.00pm:Depart for Pune
- 10.00pm-11.00pm:Reach Pune with loads of memories
- What if I catch covid a day before the trek
WE HAVE ZERO REFUND POLICIY IN ANY CASE , THOUGH THE TREK AMOUNT CAN BE CARRIED FORWARD TO NEXT EVENTS WITHIN A SPAN OF 3 MONTHS .
*applicable only on sharing of covid report.
- What if I'm vaccinated a day before the trek?
In such case we would suggest you to take proper rest and join us on upcoming event.
- Are washrooms available on the trek?
Washrooms are available at the base village only. No facility is available during the trek.
- What is the type of bus
The bus is NON/AC Tempo Traveler with decent seating comfort.
- What about extra baggage?
You can safely keep your extra bags in bus.
2 liters water
Snacks & amp; biscuits
Extra pair of clothes
Clean napkin or towel
Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
Please carry personal medicines if any
- No refund will be provided in case of cancellations one day prior to trek
- 20 percent refund will be provided if cancelled two days before that.
- The event may get cancelled or changed depending on natural calamities and amount will be refunded only for cancellations of events.
- No refund will be given due to sudden closure of the destinations and natural calamities after reaching the venue.
- We have planned events and any mishap or calamity on the behalf of participant wont be considered
- Please keep a buffer time of around 2 hours in the schedule.